Richie Woods is a bedroom pop singer songwriter from New York, NY. …., his debut album “Wow cool” (limited tape edition, 50 copies + mp3) is available on December 15th via atelier ciseaux, order HERE. also… Band Camp, iTunes.
The third in a series of recording projects stemming from the Berea College Appalachian Sound Archives, “Rawhead & Bloodybones” (2015) by Brian Harnetty combines samples of music and folk tales with live instruments. The historic archival recordings of children recounting folk tales were made by Leonard Roberts in the 1940s and 50s.
Two CDs packaged in 6-panel foldout case
Publication Date: November 20, 2015 via Dust-to-Digital
The Mug and Brush Sessions
Brian Harnetty – Marshall (From the Sun Ra Archives)
performing music from his 2013 release, The Star-Faced One.
Taken from the album “The Star-Faced One,” via Atavistic records (2013). Samples from the Sun Ra/El Saturn collection at the Creative Audio Archive at Experimental Sound Studio, Chicago. Additional musicians include Fred Lonberg-Holm (Cello), Jeff Kimmel (Bass Clarinet), and Aaron Butler (Vibes).
Taken from 7” single, entitled “The Sociophonic Key” (2012)
“Despite the variety of samples used many subtle relationships are heard––both literal and fantastic––from Sun Ra rehearsing a group of children fading into an answering machine, to the intensity of a gospel preacher alongside the Arkestra’s invitation to join them in outer space.”
|art work: Jad Fair|
“Bill Wells & Friends – Nursery Rhymes” will be available on November 20th via Karaoke Kalk.
01. Three Blind Mice (Featuring Karen Mantler And Yo La Tengo) 04:01
02. Polly Put The Kettle On (Featuring Isobel Campbell And Amy Allison)
03. Humpty Dumpty (Featuring Amber Papini And Yo La Tengo)
04. Shoo Fly (Featuring Amy Allison And Yo La Tengo)
05. Oranges And Lemons (Featuring Syd Straw With The Karen Mantler Trio)
06. Hickory Dickory Dock (Featuring Norman Blake And Aby Vulliamy)
07. Hot Cross Buns (Featuring Michael Cerveris)
08. Ding Dong Bell (Featuring Bridget St John)
09. Lavender’s Blue (Featuring Norman Blake, Georgia Hubley And Yo La Tengo)
10. Bobby Shaftoe (Featuring Aby Vulliamy)
11.Rock A Bye Baby (Featuring Isobel Campbell)
12. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (Featuring Satomi Matsuzaki) 02:28
13. Ring A Ring Of Roses (Featuring Karen Mantler And Yo La Tengo)
14. Hey Diddle Diddle (Featuring Annette Peacock) 01:33
15. Ride A Cock Horse (Featuring Norman Blake And Yo La Tengo)
Taken from Peter Stringer-Hye‘s forthcoming “Sunday Girls” EP – out on December 4th via Trouble In Mind Records. Peter Stringer-Hye is a Nashville, TN multi-instrumentalist & a member of the bands Promised Land Sound & (Trouble In Mind recording artists) The Paperhead.
released October 2, 2015 via Paradise of Bachelors, order, HERE.
“Nashville’s finest purveyors of febrile root-work psychedelia return with a dizzyingly accomplished second album that highlights an expanded band (including members of the Paperhead and Fly Golden Eagle); bigger, bolder arrangements featuring more and louder guitars, squally strings, and Steve Gunn; and road-ripened songwriting that veers between the frenetic and tender, recalling Jim Ford, the Pretty Things, the Grateful Dead, Dennis Linde, and the Byrds at their most eight-miles-fried.”
Vocals, Wurlitzer: Donnie Fritts
Guitars, Background Vocals: John Paul White
Bass: Kevin Sledge
Pump Organ: Ben Tanner
Trumpet: Allen Bransetter
Trombone: Ben Griner
- A Film About Donnie Fritts, The Alabama Leaning Man